Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Back in Beijing for the Last Days of Chinese New Year

After being in the States for five weeks, I arrived in time to celebrate the last few days of Chinese New Year. The pictures below are of a mall near my home. I am sure other malls and businesses looked just as fancy. They also end the celebration with fireworks. You really haven't experienced fireworks until they are going of all around you in every direction and continue going off until one or two o'clock in the morning. Out of my 13th story window, I could see fireworks everywhere. Quite a sight! The only thing that comes close to comparing to it is New Years Eve in Germany. (I am not sure if they still have a grand fireworks show now, but they did when I was there on my mission back in the dark ages.) Of course the smoke in the air in Beijing was impressive too, but I guess that is the price we have to pay for the display. Sending the Chinese New Year out with a bang or breathing clean air? I know how the Chinese vote on that one. I'm sorry, but I didn't have a camera that could capture the fireworks. You'll just have to use your imagination.













No comments:

Post a Comment