Monday, June 23, 2014

Beautiful Spring Day at Prince Kung's Mansion

As soon as the weather is even a little bit warm, everyone heads outside. The coats and the sky let you know it wasn't the best of days, but we were not to be deterred. Isabel, and a teacher friend of hers named Margarita, and I joined the brave and courageous to be out and about. You can see that spring is just beginning to peek out on the branches of the trees. Spring is an exhilarating time after a long, cold, dreary winter. I know other places have long, cold, dreary winters, but I didn't have to get so up-close and personal with walks in it every day. (Of all of the possessions I miss, I miss my car the most - for so many reasons. 1. I could find out what Beijing really looks like above the ground instead of the underground subway stops. 2. I could get around the city and other places in a little less time - maybe. 3. I could buy as many groceries as I want, put them in the trunk and drive home. 3. I could turn on the heater in the winter and the air conditioner in the summer. 4. I could go any place I wanted in the city and it wouldn't have to be close to a subway stop. But oh, if it were possible for me to have a car, I also would need a driver. I would never, ever, ever, ever drive in Beijing or China. So I guess I will just be grateful that I can walk, and I have a very good subway system to help me get around the city.

The first five pictures were taken as we made our way to the mansion.






Welcome to Prince Kung's Mansion. Not too shabby of a place for just one family.


What it looked like back in Prince Kung's day.









Just had to take the pictures of this man and his wife. He was just sitting there quietly soaking up the sun with a smile that was much warmer than the sun. Then his cute wife joined him. It was a perfect way to end our visit.


The rickshaw is fun way to get back to the subway, but we decided to walk around the corner and have a little pizza.






No comments:

Post a Comment