Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Miscellaneous Pictures




I have seen so many different kinds of fruits since being in China.  I snapped a picture of a couple of them while I was at the store the other day.  I have tasted the prickly-looking one on the right.  It is the favorite of one of my students, and she brought me some to taste.  I must admit it is not my favorite.  Actually the other students in the class didn't like it either.  It has a very strong odor, and they all started complaining the minute they walked in the door.  I have not tried the purple fruit on the left.  I may have to buy one someday and see how it tastes.  These are only two of some very unusual fruits.  I guess it pays to have a section of your country that is in the tropical zone.


I have to pass on these pictures of a sunset.  I love looking out my windows.  I am constantly amazed at some of the things I see.  We do live in a beautiful world.


.

1 comment:

  1. I think the prickly fruit on the right is called a Dorian (sp?) fruit? I have seen these often on Bizarre foods and the host just hates them. Says they smell and taste awful.

    ReplyDelete