Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Apartment

The day for the big move to my new apartment finally came. I obviously have more than two suitcases of things by now which is what I came to China with - way too many for me to take on the subway by myself. Fortunately, one of the men from the branch said he would bring his van and help me move. I was very grateful.
These are all pictures of the inside of the complex. I am sure it will be much prettier when the weather gets warmer.






I even have a doorman at this apartment. It helps with the security, and also when I forget my entry card.  


The kitchen is still small, but I don't do a lot of cooking, especially baking because I don't even have an oven, and it's very hard to bake without an oven. Yes, that is the washing machine you can see just to the right of the sink. The refrigerator, however, is out in the entry hall. Very interesting design. I am not complaining. It is very nice to have both of them. Besides the best thing about the kitchen is that the faucet you can see has clean drinking water. No more trips out in the cold for water.  

The bed is great - not too soft, not too hard, just right. Plus I even have a feather bed as a covering. Nothing like crawling into bed, pulling the covering around to capture all the body heat, and then settling down for a wonderful night's rest. 

The picture doesn't really show how great this toilet is. IT IS HEATED! I cannot even explain how nice a heated toilet seat is in the middle of a cold night. I am pretty certain that I will need one when I return to my home in the USA. 

I have a very nice living room and eating area. The couch makes into a bed on the chance I have visitors. In case you didn't catch the hint, there is room for anyone who wants to come visit me in China. I live two miles from the Forbidden City and many other great sites. It really is too good to pass up.


Nice to be settled in to my new place. I am very grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment