Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday in Hong Kong

I had quite an adventure in Hong Kong.  I am not sure where to start, so I'll just start at the beginning.  I arrived in Hong Kong on Monday morning about 10:30 a.m.  I wasn't sure how to get to the city, but  found out they have an airport express train that goes right into the city center.  From there they had a bus that delivered me right to the hotel named The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel.  It wasn't the greatest hotel in the world, but it was clean and only about a five minute walk from the visa office.  Also, it only cost $106 which is very good for Hong Kong. 



I checked into my room, and then after a visit with the concierge and a map, I headed to the visa office.  It was much closer than the route he sent me on, but I didn't know that until I tried it once.  It only took me about 30 minutes to turn in my papers.  They said I could pick up my passport on Tuesday at 3:00, so I was off to see the city.  I have to admit that I didn't go too far from my hotel for fear I would get lost.








I got some Thai food for dinner.  I have really missed Thai and Indian food since I have been in China.  I found an Indian restaurant, but it was way too expensive for me, so I settled for Thai.  It actually tasted very good.  The part of town where I was staying was filled with restaurants and bars up and down the street.  I had been warned by the some people in the elevator that it might not be a good idea to be out after 10:00 p.m. because a new business starts about that time.  I had already planned on going to bed early because I got up at 4:00 a.m. to go to the airport to catch my 7:40 flight.  I did discover one thing that evening, I really hate the news.  I haven't watched any for about three months, so I was quite excited to catch up on everything.  The news is very depressing.  I am not a bit sad about missing it.  I love looking at it on the computer where I can get the drift from the headlines without all of the interpretations of the news people.  I looked over some of the things I could do in the morning and then called it a night.

Early evening on my street.

Entrance to The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel







No comments:

Post a Comment