Sunday, September 9, 2012

Physical for My Work Permit

In order to apply for a work permit, I had to have a checkup at a Chinese clinic.  I left my house at 7:30 a.m. so I could meet a young lady from the music school at 8:30 who would help me find my way to the clinic.  I am certainly glad she was along.  We rode two subway trains to the end stops.  Walked about 10 or 15 minutes to a bus stop and then rode two different buses before we got to the hospital on the northwest side of Beijing.  We were actually in a very pretty area in the foothills of the mountains.  We arrived at about 10:15 and began the slow process.  First we had to stand in a line with about 300 other people the went completely around the large room.  (First two pictures)  When we finally made it to the front of the line, I registered and paid the fee.  (Third picture)  I was then given a paper which told me to go to seven different rooms (more lines) for: blood test, ultra-sound, EKG, x-ray, eye exam and color test (I guess they don't want any color blind foreigners in China.), blood pressure and pulse, and last, but not least, they got my height and weight.  There was a sign on one of the doors that said, "Internal Medicine."  I just want DeVon to know that the University of Utah Hospital could see a lot more patients if they would just adopt this method.  We finally finished up at about 2:20 p.m. and headed for something to eat - since I hadn't had anything to eat since dinner the night before.  (I made a sandwich to take with me, but left it in the fridge - dumb me!)  Thank goodness for McDonalds.  The spicy chicken sandwich and fries tasted mighty good.  I arrived at home at about 4:30, and took a long nap.  I am sure I got my 10,000 steps in that day.













No comments:

Post a Comment