Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beautiful New Pearls

The young girl in the picture is named Mary - her English name.  She is the eleven-year-old daughter of one of the owners.  While she was out on summer vacation, her mother asked if it would be all right for her to sit in on my classes each day.  She has taken English in school since first grade, but didn't speak very much.  She still is very quiet, but does try hard.  I am sure she will do better in English when she goes back to school.  Unfortunately, they mostly write in their English class because either the classes are too big or the teacher doesn't speak English very well either.  Mary will be in my class for another week, but on Tuesday her mother came with her to class to give me these beautiful pearls.  Even the clasps are made of pearl, and they wear them in the front, not the back. They are a little too fancy for my outfit in the picture, but I am sure I will enjoy them for years to come - and will always remember Mary whenever I wear them.


1 comment: