Friday, August 10, 2012

Hot Weather Update

I have learned a few things that help in hot weather.
1.  Don't wear clothes that have any polyester in them.  After my experience on Wednesday, I am only wearing cotton or linen clothes.  That means I have about five outfits, but I don't think anyone will notice.  The students might, but I don't think they will care.  And even if they were to care, I don't care.
2.  Don't walk fast.  I have noticed that the Chinese walk at quite a leisurely pace.  I, on the other hand, was trying to conserve on time and was walking very quickly.  Yesterday I left my apartment about 10 minutes earlier and joined my fellow commuters for a stroll to work.  I think I will need to do that from now on.
You will be happy to know that yesterday was a one-tissue morning, and didn't feel like passing out once.  I think I may make it to September.  Let's just hope it cools down then.

By the way, there were a couple of errors in the last blog.  Ed McMann is spelled Ed McMahon.  My apologies to him.  Second, the humidity on Wednesday was 91 degrees with 84% humidity.  No wonder it felt so hot and muggy.

3 comments:

  1. The original Tonight Show called. Ed thanks you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. High humidity just sucks the energy right out of a person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you found something helpful (I was worried in your last post!) and you can enjoy the walk a little more and maybe have more time to smell some roses.. or a least look around some more.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete