Monday, August 27, 2012

The Fruit Called Mangosteen


 
We were discussing fruits and vegetables in class one day, and they students asked me if I had every eaten a mangosteen.  I said I had never heard of them before, so they pulled up a picture to show me.  I told them I had never seen one before and didn't know there was such a fruit.  One of the students brought me some the next day.  The outside is very hard, but the inside has segments just like an orange that you pull apart to eat.  They are sweet and juicy and very delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is REALLY interesting. It still amazes me that there are fruits and veggies out there that we know nothing about! What an amazing world. PS- They look like a bad science experiment! I'd love to see a picture of the tree (I'm assuming) in which they grow.

    ReplyDelete