Saturday, August 11, 2012

Grocery Shopping Excursion

It is all of the little differences that are fun to notice.  I have wanted to show you the pictures of the escalator in the supermarket for a while, and today I finally took some pictures.  Look closely and you will notice that there are no steps, just a moving ramp.  The interesting part is that my little shopping bag or a large shopping cart won't slide down as it moves.  They have made it so the wheels are held in place during the trip up or down.  A very innovative way to move people and carts from one level to another.




2 comments:

  1. We might need a couple more pictures with you in them sometime. Just saying, it would be nice to see you on your blog sometimes.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I had time to read through your blog. What great experiences you are having! Thank you for posting so faithfully. I feel like I'm learning more about China with you.
    Love,
    Nona

    ReplyDelete